Here is a synopsis of Oscar’s journey in the Furniture and Design industry.
It began in 1988.
In that year, an enterprising young architect and designer, Oscar Carmona, launches with great excitement a wood and metal furniture and accessories factory named Grupo Caor S.A. de C. V. based in Guadalajara, Jalisco Mexico.
This company focuses on the needs of hospitality design, working on projects throughout the Mexican Riviera and important cities in Mexico and the Caribbean.
- 1989 Grupo Caor S.A. de C.V. closes its first deal with a North American company, Sarreid Ltd. They are leaders in the accessories and furniture market, based in North Carolina and with a showroom in the C&D building in High Point. Grupo Caor S.A. de C.V. continues it’s expansion with new clients and ventures, becoming one of the largest factory and most important of it’s kind in Mexico.
- 1996 After years of expansion and a complete understanding of customers needs, Oscar Carmona opens a USA based company with headquarters in Austin Texas named Atmosphere Inc.
- 1997 Atmosphere, Inc. opens its first showroom in North Carolina in the Design wing of the IHFC, as well as a showroom in the Gardens at the Atlanta Mart.
- 1999 Once again, Oscar Carmona makes a concept into reality. He designs and oversees production of a deep hand carved solid wood collection of furniture and accessories. This project, known as “Four Generations” is in the beginning an addition to the Atmosphere Inc. showroom and then expands into a show room of its own, also in High Point at the IHFC.
- 2005 With the growth of technology, and in his search for new design opportunities, an e-commerce company is born. “Mia Casa Bella” brings the e-commerce clientele the opportunity to buy furniture, accents for decoration to the comfort of your home. This strategic move gives the group of companies a new vision for the new generation in a new type of business.
- 2011 The need arose for an entity focused on consulting and acting as a buying agent, putting designers and factories in touch with worldwide opportunities.……. and the evolution of Oscar Carmona continues….
During Oscar’s life in the furniture and accents world, he has done business with companies such as:
- Sarreid Ltd.
- La Barge
- Bassett Furniture
- Replogle Globs
- Silver Furniture
- Brown Jordan
- Crate & Barrel
- The Nature Company
- Robb & Stucky
- Arhaus Furniture
- Pottery Barn
- Front Gate
Oscar’s designs have been enjoyed at the following markets and shows:
- High Point Market
- NY International Gift Fair
- Chicago International Casual Furniture & Accessories Market
- The Atlanta International Gift & Home Furnishings Market
- Las Vegas HD Expo
- Paris Expo Porte de Versailles
- Guadalajara Expo Mueble Internacional Invierno
Oscar’s passion and love of art and design comes from being the fourth generation of a family involved in art.
It all started with his Great Uncle Jorge Enciso Alatorre. Jorge Enciso Alatorre was immersed in the field of Mexican art since the beginning of the 1900’s. He was close friends and collaborator with painters such as Alfredo Ramos Martínez (precursor of the schools “al Aire Libre”), Francisco Goitia, José Clemente Orozco, Francisco Romano Guillemín, Ángel Zárraga, Roberto Montenegro, Gerardo Murillo (Doctor Atl), Saturnino Herrán, Ernesto García Cabral, Diego Rivera and Frida Calo. He also collaborated with the architects Manuel Ituarte, Federico Mariscal (in charge of the conclusion of the construction of “Palacio de Bellas Artes”), Jesús T. Acevedo, Manuel Amábilis e Ignacio Marquina. The writers Julio Torri and Javier Icaza, Mariano Silva y Aceves and the diplomats and autors Genaro Estrada and Francisco A. de Icaza, are also to be included in this long list of talent.
As the “Sub-Director General” of the Anthropology and History National Institute, he was responsible for the development of the Mexican museum network. He initiated the network of Art Monument inspection and conservation in Mexico.
Consuelo Rodriguez Enciso, Oscar’s Grand-Mother was an art philanthropist, who devoted the last years of her life to the legacy that her uncle Jorge Enciso Alatorre had started.
Javier Oscar Carmona Rodriguez, Oscar’s father has dedicated his life to work for the Mexican “Santa Mitra”, restoring churches, altars and Santos from the Mexican pre-colonial period.
His passion for hand carved wood lead him to build a school of carvers dedicated to restore and reproduce ecclesiastical figures using the carving technique following the “Spanish Real Academy School”.
That brings us back to Oscar Carmona Ornelas, the fourth generation in this passionate family of art. He is an Architect, who has been dedicated to the furniture and accent world since 1988.
His passion for creation has lead him to work in the complete spectrum of this industry, starting from the element of concept, followed by the design, selection of raw materials, development of finishes, production of prototype, selection of manufacturer and finally production of product.
His involvement in the production arena, quality assurance, talent procurement, packaging development and logistics has also been an important roll in his career.
Oscar’s work has been showcased in his own showroom, under his company name Atmosphere Inc, at the High Point Market, International Casual Furniture & Accessories Market, Hospitality Design Conference & Expo, Atlanta International Gift & furnishings Market and the New York International Gift Fair.